As an administrative associate, you will be responsible for performing administrative duties and support our business operations. Scheduling and attending meetings, managing calendars, and executing travel arrangements. You will also be expected to complete online research, compile and distribute reports, handle various administrative tasks, and maintain our Company & client websites.
Administrative associates (also referred to as administrative assistants) perform a wide range of clerical and secretarial tasks for an organization. Their work usually focuses on maintaining the office’s budget and expenses, updating records, and administering company policy guidelines. Additional common duties are ordering office supplies, serving as a mentor for other office staff, training new staff, and assisting with public relations efforts.
Administrative associates need to be able to work independently, as well as in teams when necessary; they also must be able to work directly with the upper management on some projects. Additionally, administrative associates need to know basic office practices and procedures and have a general knowledge of accounting. They will need communication and problem solving skills, as well as a strong work ethic, interpersonal skills, and customer service skills.
Below are some of the responsibilities an admin associate is expected to assume in their position:
- Plan, organize, and execute office activities and meetings
- Manage office logistics
- Manage and maintain calendars
- Handle administrative tasks such as filing, scanning, and copying
- Handle bookkeeping
- Complete word processing tasks
- Research and organize data
- Maintain and manage contacts
- Create presentations and documents
- Manage social media
- Gather and organize data for statistical analysis
- Train and supervise other administrative staff
Job Qualifications and Skill Sets
Below are the qualifications expected of a virtual assistant:
- Ability to manage a calendar and schedule appointments
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of marketing, advertising, and public relations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Proficiency with cloud-based platforms such as Google Docs, Skype, and other remote team messaging apps
- Strong time management skills and the ability to multitask
- Skilled in data entry
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- High-speed internet connection
Understanding of WordPress core software and its core functions. Experience building WordPress Themes/Plugins. Mastery of WordPress Security best practices.
- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Excel
- Basic HTML
- Basic CSS Understanding
Ready to Apply?
"It is literally true that you can succeed best and quickest by helping others to succeed."
– Napolean Hill